Design the poster for Art Deco Weekend 2020!
Be a part of history and have your poster enter an illustrious group of annual posters for Miami Beach’s longest-running free community cultural festival!
The theme for 2020 is “Sheroes: Women who Made a Difference” We will be celebrating 100 years since the 19th amendment was ratified, giving women the right to vote in 1920. Also, 1920 is the year of the birth of Barbara Baer Capitman, MDPL founder and the visionary who helped save the Art Deco District – an event which triggered the arts and culture renaissance of Miami Beach and South Florida.
Be inspired: See images from the Library of Congress’s exhibition Shall Not Be Denied: click here
We recommend you include the following in your design:
- The poster art must be in the Art Deco style
- A Yellow Rose: Yellow roses were used during the Suffragette movement to signify support of Women’s Right to vote. In contrast, Red roses signified opposition to Suffrage
- An Art Deco building and/or style. You can view our database of Art Deco buildings online: click here
- The text “Art Deco Weekend®”
- Theme title: “Sheroes: Women Who Made a Difference”
- “Ocean Drive, Miami Beach”
- Dates: “Jan 17 to 19 2020”
How to Apply:
Submit your image using the form below. The format is 24″x36″ (can be horizontal or vertical orientation.) Please note there are maximum image size requirements allowed to be uploaded through the form below.
If you are having issues submitting the image, please send the required information to email@example.com with subject “ADW2020 Poster Contest.”
Deadline to Apply: Please submit your image by October 20th 2019.
The Winner of the poster competition will work with MDPL’s in-house artist on the final design of the poster. Prize is $500 and the poster will be unveiled at a VIP event during Art Basel Miami Beach on December 7th 2019.
Our 2019 Poster designed by artist Sergey Serebrennikov:
View other Art Deco Weekend poster designs at our online store: click here
- The artist must attend Art Deco Weekend and be on hand for signing before and during the festival
- The poster will be used for a variety of merchandise. The winning artist may be asked to make specific edits to the poster for different purposes
- The poster will be sold before, during, and after the festival for many years to people around the world as a collectible item
- The winning artists must sign an artist contract with MDPL providing for the purchase of the artwork by the MDPL and its use for poster and other merchandise as a fundraising element for the MDPL and Art Deco Weekend
Winning Poster Artist will Receive:
- Cash Prize of $500
- A booth on Ocean Drive at Art Deco Weekend
- Artist will be recognized in promotional materials and media as the official Art Deco Weekend 2020 artist
- Artist will be invited to all Art Deco Weekend 2020 special events
(if you have issues submitting your artwork on this form, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “ADW2020 Poster Contest”)